Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Richard Maize: My Thoughts on Being A Business Mentor To Youth

Recently Richard Maize was asked by one of his students on his thoughts in participating as a YLDI mentor and what it has meant to him?



Richard Maize - providing valuable
business mentoring advice to youth.




"Well, this is my third term.  


Each mentee has been bright, polite and striving for success.  Having opened discussions about business, family and the world as a whole and where the young mentees see themselves is very rewarding.  


Providing my mentees with good, experienced advice is a passion that I had for many years.  I used to get paid for it.  As a consultant I would ask and receive thousands of dollars for the advice that I provide to university students today at no cost."


Richard Maize adds: "It is much more gratifying, donating ones time to eager young adults who actually listen, takes your advice and implement it.  It is the best when a mentor can make a positive difference in these great young people's lives. 


And to see these mentees then contributing to their families and their own business communities, making a real and positive impact on society - this is the greatest reward!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment